Ancient House Museum
Clare Ancient House, built in 1473, became the town museum in 1976. Notable for its superb plasterwork, an example of the local craft of pargetting which is still practised today. The museum illustrates the history of Clare and offers records viewable on computer documenting the histories of Clare houses and families from 1550.
The museum maintains a town trail. 15 boards along the route draw attention to the more important of the listed buildings.
For full details see the museum web site by clicking on the link below.
Supported By : St. Edmundsbury Borough Council and Heritage Lottery Fund
Registered Charity No 279609